No tricks but I do have a special treat for you today. Well, for me too, because one of my favorite writerly friends is here to share her new release. SJ and I met while sharing snippets during a weekly writing meme called Six Sentence Sunday. I remember SJ’s posts from this story and I cannot wait to read it now that it’s out in the world. I just downloaded it today! Yay!
SJ was nice enough to humor my request of a TOP TEN list. Take it away, SJ…
I’m thrilled to be here at Sandra’s place celebrating my new release, In the Blind. Also, Happy Halloween! Getting dressed up and snacking on the candy is a lot of fun, but I’m a total scaredy-cat. Rarely will you find me watching a scary movie. Being outside by myself after the sun goes down totally creeps me out. The whys I’ll save for another day, but now you’re probably wondering why I’d write a book that takes place in a pitch black club. Here’s the ten reasons I had to write In the Blind…
- My muse wouldn’t take no for an answer. I love and despise that about her.
- I have a passion for BDSM, especially Dominance and submission which requires trust. My heroine certainly needed trust to walk into Club Blind.
- To prove I can push past what scares me to find a love that has no boundary.
- I may not like scary things, but the thrill of the unknown can be exhilarating.
- My heroine doesn’t like haunted houses, and even though she thinks of them as she’s starting her first visit to Club Blind, she knew she was in an erotic romance novella, not a horror novel. The goal of the end game included passion and multiple orgasms not gore.
- I wanted to explore different ways for couples to find passion and fall in love.
- Pushing past what scares you can make an experience all the more powerful.
- My hero needed a wakeup call. He thought he knew his direction in life, punishment for misdeeds. He was wrong and I set out to change everything, all I needed was the right woman.
- To prove that darkness doesn’t always have to be scary.
- To find out what the heart can see when the eyes are blind.
Thanks, SJ. I love the part about pushing past what scares you. Now, I really can’t wait to read it! Read on for more about the book, SJ Maylee, and an awesome giveaway!
In the Blind by S.J. Maylee (Club Blind #1)
Genre: Erotic Romance with D/s
Published: October 15, 2014
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Jane thinks she’s ready to take the risks her business and love life desperately need. Rob’s still punishing himself for a broken relationship that wasn’t meant to last. When the pair let an opportunity pass them by, fate steps in and throws them back together.
An evening of pitch black unrestrained passion at Club Blind opens her eyes to life’s possibilities. Now, if they don’t fight past their personal demons, they might never truly discover what they need most. If they can open their hearts, it might lead them directly to each other where they can discover their truth. If not, they may forever stay in the blind.
Where you can find IN THE BLIND:
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand | Smashwords | iTunes
S.J. MAYLEE Bio:
S.J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time.
When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Professional), Nia instructor, and coffee addict.
As a writer she has a tendency to break hearts, but she always glues them back together.
Blog | Twitter | Facebook Page | Google+ | Goodreads | Pinterest | Amazon Author Page
SJ’s giving away one $20 Amazon gift card and two swag packs (book covers, bookmark, pen, zipper pull, and handmade beaded keychain or purse charm with book cover charm). TO ENTER: answer the question on this blog post and then click on the rafflecopter. QUESTION: Many believe blindness can increase your other senses. What do you think it would be like to be in a pitch black club like Club Blind?
a Rafflecopter giveaway